Data Quality Analyst
Full-Time (1 Position) - Rochester, NY
At Measures for Justice (MFJ), we have pioneered a new way to use data to measure criminal justice system performance in America. We collect, clean, code, and analyze county-level data to provide information on the whole system from arrest to post-conviction, on a county-by-county basis. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to do good and be involved in cutting edge research and technology. We have challenged the status quo nationally and become a groundbreaker.
As a Data Quality Analyst at MFJ, you will report to Senior Research staff and be responsible for helping MFJ develop a system to measure the performance of local criminal justice delivery.
Your work will include:
- Tracking and managing the intake and processing of all data collected by MFJ.
- Conducting qualitative and quantitative assessments of the data delivered by criminal justice agencies.
- Collaborating with Technology staff to wrangle data files provided by the agencies, and ensure that the data are in a usable format for data management and adhere to security protocol.
- Coordinating with Outreach team members to facilitate the re-request and recollection of data, as needed.
- Communicating with members of the Leadership, Outreach, Technology, and Research teams to report on the status of data files as they are assessed.
- Acting as a liaison between MFJ Research staff and with external criminal justice agencies, as needed.
- Any other research tasks as defined by Senior Research management.
This position does not require the supervision of other employees.
The Data Quality Analyst is expected to work in the Rochester, NY office. MFJ provides all staff with a comfortable working environment, including office space, adjustable standing desks, and the required technology to meet job expectations. Data Quality Analysts work 40 hours per week and are full-time exempt employees.
Applications will be assessed against the following competencies:
- Knowledge of the structure and process of criminal justice system in the United States
- Prior data coding experience (SPSS, Python, or Java preferred)
- A bachelor's degree in criminal justice, criminology, or a related field preferred
- Experience working within a team environment
- Strong writing and communication skills
Please apply by sending your resume, cover letter, and two letters of recommendation to email@example.com. The subject line should read: “No data, no change.”
Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.