Full Time - Rochester, NY
At Measures for Justice (MFJ), we have pioneered a new way to use data to measure criminal justice system performance in America. We collect, clean, code, and analyze county-level data to provide information on the whole system from arrest to post-conviction, on a county-by-county basis. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to do good and be involved in cutting edge research and technology. We have challenged the status quo nationally and become a groundbreaker.
What You Will Do
As the Product Manager, you will work with Measures for Justice leadership, staff, and stakeholders to create the strategy for products and services that will encourage the use of our data for decision making by practitioners, leaders, and advocates within the criminal justice field. More specifically, you will work with prosecutors and those advocating for change in their communities to develop tools that will inspire a fact-based dialogue around criminal justice policy. You will interview stakeholders, dig deeply into their needs, and map out their user journeys. All of this will help us to understand and communicate the value proposition and business case for such tools. In addition, the user expertise you’ll gain will help us plan a long-term, strategic product vision.
In order to accomplish this work, you will:
- Work with our UX/UI designer to interview stakeholders, map their stories, and begin developing user journey maps. You will use this information to help us define features and set priorities.
- Partner with communications and strategy leadership to message information about the new features and products out to the communities that they are designed to serve, as well as to help funders understand the potential for community impact.
- Help leadership understand how the products or services fulfill strategic objectives.
- Anticipate challenges or risks that may be created by proposed changes.
- Provide opportunities for staff to speak into the product creation process. Create avenues for the sharing of ideas as well as product change requests.
- Manage expectations around the change process and communicate strategic rationale for which ideas are adopted.
- Develop product roadmaps. Ensure that roadmaps align with organizational strategy and are executed within an agreed upon time frame. Work with the Technical Project Manager and other key staff to create timelines for project completion. Own the process of internal communication among teams as to progress toward goal completion.
- Research, develop, and test pricing models. Work with key stakeholders to understand when additional features or products would fit within their own goals and budget needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or scientific discipline or comparable combination of education and experience.
- Five years of product management or ownership experience in a software development organization.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Demonstrated strong time management skills, including the ability to prioritize a large number of ongoing activities.
- Excellent written, verbal, and listening skills.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively across teams and gain buy-in related to shared goals.
- Proven ability to communicate key messages to leadership and external stakeholders.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently, problem solve, produce and prioritize quality work.
- Candidate must live in, or be willing to move to, Rochester NY.
Please apply by sending your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. The subject line should read: Product Manager.
Review of applications will begin on February 28th and will continue until the position is filled. Salary range available on request.