Part Time, Contract (2 positions) - Rochester, NY
At Measures for Justice (MFJ), we have pioneered a new way to use data to measure criminal justice system performance in America. We collect, clean, code, and analyze county-level data to provide information on the whole system from arrest to post-conviction, on a county-by-county basis. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to do good and be involved in cutting edge research and technology. We have challenged the status quo nationally and become a groundbreaker.
MFJ’s Research Team works on coding, cleaning, and analyzing the data in order to populate the measures. As a Research Intern at MFJ, you will report to the Senior Research Associate, and Senior Research management, and will be responsible for helping MFJ develop a system to measure the performance of local criminal justice delivery.
Your work will include:
- Codifying state criminal statutes and charge descriptions into a uniform code to allow for comparisons across states.
- Aiding in the development of a standard operating procedure specific to criminal justice agencies.
- Any other research tasks as defined by Senior Research management.
This position does not require the supervision of other employees.
Research Interns are expected to work in the Rochester, NY office. MFJ provides all staff with a comfortable working environment, and the required technology to meet job expectations. Research Interns work 20 hours per week, and are part-time, non-exempt employees.
We offer competitive salaries and a casual work environment. Our office is wheelchair accessible.
Contracts will be offered on a semester or semi-annual term, depending on qualifications and degree requirements.
MFJ is committed to equality and inclusion. We support applicants from all backgrounds and experiences to apply.
Applications will be assessed against the following competencies:
- Undergraduate or graduate status in good academic standing
- Experience using Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Google platforms, particularly Google Sheets
- Working knowledge of legal terms, definitions, and criminal justice procedure
Interested applicants should send their resume, most recent academic transcript, and the contact information for two references to email@example.com.
Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.