Full Time - Rochester, NY
At Measures for Justice (MFJ), we have pioneered a new way to use data to measure criminal justice system performance in America. We collect, clean, code, and analyze county-level data to provide information on the whole system from arrest to post-conviction, on a county-by-county basis. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to do good and be involved in cutting edge research and technology. We have challenged the status quo nationally and become a groundbreaker.
Measures for Justice seeks a Software Developer who will be instrumental in helping us collect and transform raw data files into datasets that the researchers can ingest and analyze.
What You Will Do
- Develop reusable libraries in Kotlin to extract and transform data from various data sources, including files and databases
- Write code to perform web-scraping
- Create desktop-based tools to make researchers' work more efficient
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- At least one year of professional development experience
- Familiar with Java and the JVM ecosystem.
- Familiar with source control and continuous integration
- Willing to learn and work in the Kotlin language
- Familiar with Desktop UI development
- Familiar with SQL and regular expressions
- Familiar with the basic structure of internet services and web technology
- Strong writing and communication skills.
Please apply by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line should read: Software Developer.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.