Technical Project Manager
Full Time - Rochester, NY
At Measures for Justice (MFJ), we have pioneered a new way to use data to measure criminal justice system performance in America. We collect, clean, code, and analyze county-level data to provide information on the whole system from arrest to post-conviction, on a county-by-county basis. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to do good and be involved in cutting edge research and technology. We have challenged the status quo nationally and become a groundbreaker.
What You Will Do
- Be a process coach / evangelist who will help our teams institute methodologies and processes to reliably complete product deliverables on time.
- Establish and help ensure our teams meet core milestones, including the development of our criminal justice data processing pipeline project, which seeks to scale our ability to collect, process, and deliver data efficiently and repeatedly, as well as our criminal justice data portal project, which seeks to improve our ability to present our data to the public in a comprehensive, compelling and practical way.
- Work with the product owners to establish milestones, prune and prioritize the product backlog, and help portion product requirements into discrete and sequential stories in our ticketing system.
- Run our daily standups and sprint meetings and look for ways to improve them with best-practices.
- Work across the organization to clear obstacles by facilitating communications, streamlining tasks, adjusting assigned resources, and escalating when necessary to ensure the teams are running as efficiently as possible.
- Report the project status to senior management and track progress against organizational commitments and goals.
- Work with operations to help plan future staffing needs based on team’s performance history and current allocation. Establish and implement training processes and strategies as necessary to help institutionalize best project management methodologies and practices.
- Live by and lead through our cultural code and core values, including Respect, Transparency, Rigor, and Excellence.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Project Management, Business, or a related technical field required.
- Demonstrated expertise in various project management methodologies, including certification.
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple projects and working with teams to successfully deliver products on time.
- Demonstrated understanding of project management processes, strategies, and methods.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and experience establishing guidelines in these areas for others.
- Strong sense of personal accountability regarding decision-making and meeting milestones.
- Experience working in a highly collaborative environment and promoting a teamwork mentality.
- Managerial experience applying analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to predict challenges and seek to proactively head-off obstacles.
- Candidate must live in, or be willing to move, to Rochester, NY.
Please apply by sending your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. The subject line should read: Project Manager
Review of applications will begin on February 18, 2020 and will continue until the position is filled.