Full Time - Rochester, NY
At Measures for Justice (MFJ), our mission is to use data to measure and understand county-level criminal justice system performance in America. We collect, clean, code, and analyze county-level data to provide consistent, comparable, reliable, and objective performance measures across the entire criminal justice system, from arrest to post-conviction, on a county-by-county basis. You can learn more about our work here: www.measuresforjustice.org.
Measures for Justice seeks a Senior Web Developer with who will be instrumental in the design and development of web interfaces for our research tool suite.
- You have a strong desire to use your technical skills to help real people and make measurable and lasting changes to the U.S. criminal justice system.
- Develop the UI to an internal suite of web based tools that manage, update, version and publish our primary and supplemental data to help streamline our data processing pipeline.
- Develop the UI to research tools that process, analyze, and validate large datasets of criminal justice data.
- You are continually improving your craft and are eager to work with the latest technologies.
- You are creative with a strong sense of design your mastery of HTML5/CSS and frameworks such as LESS, SASS, Bootstrap or Foundation.
- Your programming skills are way above average, you’re admired by your peers and have had a continuous string of successful projects.
- Five years web development experience.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related discipline.
We know that developers are our most valuable asset. We know they need great equipment so we provide them with the top of the line hardware and software to get their jobs done. Our University Avenue office space is close to all the things the city has to offer and is bike and bus accessible.
We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits and a casual work environment.
If you are interested, please send us your resume and cover letter in PDF format to email@example.com with the subject line: "No data, no change."" Please also include a link to your online portfolio. We will continue to receive applications until the position is filled.
It is the policy of Measures for Justice to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Measures for Justice will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We are committed to equity and inclusion and encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply.